Sunday, December 11, 2016

The FGHs of Coping with Christmas Anxiety and Depression

The Christmas season is upon us! It’s a time we are meant to be filled with wonder, hope and joy. But, if I’m being totally honest, I’m feeling a bit melancholy, empty and agitated. If you are being honest, how are you feeling? Are you filled with the wonder of the season or with the dread of days filled with crowds, busyness and conflict?  

I hope that you are experiencing joy, but if not, I hope this series of posts will be helpful. Previously, I released the ABC’s for Coping with Christmas Anxiety and Depression and it resonated with many (See the ABCs here).  Continuing on through more of the alphabet, I now offer the FGH’s for Coping with Christmas Anxiety and Depression to help you navigate through the season.  

Over the next few days, I will release brief messages with tips that may be helpful to you this Christmas season. If your sadness and stress are overwhelming to you, please reach out to a friend or to a counselor so they may help you through the struggle.

My hope is that your heart will be encouraged and that you may know the Prince of Peace this season.

Peace to you,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment